JOB CODE:† 30735
PURPOSE:† The Business Compliance / Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Certification Analyst is responsible for District SBE certification process. Position is responsible for ensuring compliance with process to maximize application, eligibility and certification of eligible businesses, thereby furthering District diversity objectives under Policy 6.143, Diversity and Equitable Utilization in Business.
1. Bachelorís degree in business administration, accounting, public finance or related field.
2. Knowledge of regulatory, statutory and legislative standards and requirements pertaining to procurement of goods and services, contracts, SBE certification, compliance monitoring, and bonding and insurance.
3. Knowledge of enterprise-class systems for managing organization-wide diversity programs.
4. Experience with database management, including report writing and tracking matchmaking and event data outcomes.
5. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and multi-task independently, as well as in a culturally diverse team-based environment.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing; bilingual preferred.
7. Knowledge of current computing technologies and software applications appropriate to the positionís job responsibilities.
1. Maintains and monitors the District diversity management system, including but not limited to, data control, tracking, verifications and audits, performance assessment, and system reporting.
2. Develops and implements training for District staff, external partners, prime contractors and vendors in the access and utilization of the system.
3. Conducts compliance reviews and performs onsite subcontractor compliance monitoring; investigates complaints and any disputes that may arise at various job sites.
4. Responsible for the SBE certification process, including application processing, verification of eligibility, monitoring program compliance, and final issuance of certification/recertification.
5. Develops a forum for pre-bid meetings and provides information on requirements for SBEs.
6. Reviews bid documents to ensure inclusion of SBE requirements.
7. Ensures SBEs are included on rotating lists, blanket purchase orders, and term contracts.
8. Notifies SBEs of informal purchasing opportunities; ensures prompt payment to SBEs.
9. Prepares periodic and routine SBE utilization reports; monitors for compliance with District diversity in business objectives.
10. Participates in training programs offered to vendors.
11. Attends outreach functions and other agency networking activities.
12. Maintains current knowledge of industry regulatory and legislative trends and developments for application to areas of responsibility.
Performance Effectiveness Criteria:
In addition to the employee being responsible for each of the performance responsibilities listed herein, annual progress will be assessed with respect to support and achievement of the District Strategic Plan and associated applicable scorecards.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Follows adopted procedures and policies in accordance with School Board policies.
2. Conducts oneself in the best interest of students, in accordance with the highest traditions of public education and in support of the Districtís Mission Statement.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary Level:†††††††††††††††††††††††††† M16
FLSA Status:†††††††††††††††††††††††††† Non-Exempt
Capable of lifting/carrying 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.; some physical activity required.