The Palm Beach County Council of PTA/PTSA is a member of the largest advocacy group for children in the nation. The council supports PTA units at schools throughout Palm Beach County and currently has over 16,000 parent, teacher, student, and community members. The Council is governed by approved bylaws designed to meet specific objectives. The Council will interpret, promote, and support the basic policies of the State and National PTA. As such, it is a 501(c)(3) organization.
The Palm Beach County Council of PTA provides relevant training and resources to assist with the success of the local units. Council meetings are used to promote advocacy for all children within Palm Beach County. The Council provides a forum for public information that can stimulate action for current issues that relate to children.
- default_titleMaking every child’s potential a reality
- Show More
- default_titleA powerful voice for all children
- default_titleA relevant source for families and communities
- default_titleA strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
- Show More
- default_titleTo promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and places of worship.
- default_titleTo raise the standards of home life.
- default_titleTo secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- default_titleTo bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- default_titleTo develop between educators and the general public such united efforts that will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- Show More
Palm Beach County Council PTA was invited by Rita Thrasher of the Action Alliance for Mental Health to join the Alliance in 2009 as a community member with a shared interest in furthering efforts to create awareness of mental health issues in our community.
Palm Beach County Council PTA Volunteers; Sandy Roth, Wendy Ruud, and Kay Stagray have all participated in Mental Health First Aid Training through the efforts of the Action Alliance for Mental Health in Palm Beach County in partnership with Jewish Family & Children's Service of Palm Beach County, Inc. and the National Council for Behavioral Health.
Palm Beach County Council PTA participated in the NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) and Five Guys for Muscular Distrophy Association in two separate community run/walk events in the Fall of 2014.
Currently PBCC PTA and The Dori Saves Lives Foundation share a community partnership to raise awareness of safe driving practices throughout our schools and community. Spanish River HS PTSA and Boca Raton HS PTSA both participate in a program created by Dori Saves Lives Foundation called "In the Click." This program monitors the use or misuse of seat belts in the school carline in the morning over a two week period to create awareness of the importance for all passengers to wear a seatbelt at all times when driving or riding in a vehicle.
Local unit Elementary, Middle, and High School PTA/PTSA's continuously promote health and wellness in their schools through safe walk to school campaigns, the importance of daily exercise and the value of eating a rainbow of colors and trying new foods and vegetables.
Last spring PBCC PTA enjoyed a presentation by LSIS, Living Skills in the schools. PTA advocates listened to a mother share her experience in dealing with her daughter's drug addiction. The presentation focused on spotting the early warning signs of drug addiction, how to deal with the impact of drug addiction within the family, and how to find help for the addict and the family.
Scholarships: Annually, Palm Beach County Council PTA offers both graduating seniors (PTSA Members) and adult PTSA volunteers (YES teachers and staff are eligible) an opportunity to apply for a $500 (minimum) scholarship for future education endeavors. In five years $12,500 has been awarded in scholarships.
Grants: Palm Beach County Council PTA offers grants to local PTA and PTSA units to help offset the cost of attending various PTA trainings, conferences and conventions. Often times, the council will connect two or more units to pool their resources. In five years over $4,000 has been awarded to local PTA’s.
Awards and Recognition: Annually, the Palm Beach County Council PTA recognizes local units’ commitment to the mission and purpose of PTA through this program. Local units are recognized for their work in various programs including: Wellness, Safety & Environmental, and many others.
Wellness Ambassador: Sandy Roth was recognized as the Council’s Wellness Ambassador for her work on the Mental Health & Wellness program. Past ambassadors include: Mindy Haas (Florida PTA President Elect) and Eric Stern (The School District of Palm Beach County).
- default_titleA.W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts PTSA
- default_titleAddison Mizner Elementary PTA
- default_titleAtlantic High PTSA
- default_titleBanyan Creek Elementary PTA
- default_titleBelvedere Elementary PTA
- default_titleBerkshire Elementary PTA
- default_titleBinks Forest Elementary PTA
- default_titleBoca Raton Elementary PTA
- default_titleBoca Raton Community Middle PTSA
- default_titleBoca Raton Community High PTSA
- default_titleCalusa Community Elementary PTA
- default_titleCholee Lake Elementary PTA
- default_titleChrista McAuliffe Middle PTSA
- default_titleCitrus Cove Elementary PTA
- default_titleCongress Middle School PTSA
- default_titleCoral Sunset Elementary PTA
- default_titleCrosspointe Elementary PTA
- default_titleCrystal Lakes Elementary PTA
- default_titleDel Prado Elementary PTA
- default_titleDiscovery Key Elementary PTA
- default_titleDon Estridge High Tech Middle PTSA
- default_titleEagles Landing Middle PTSA
- default_titleEmerald Cove PTSA
- default_titleEmerging Minds Montessori Academy PTA
- default_titleEquestrian Trails Elementary PTA
- default_titleG Star School of the Arts PTSA
- default_titleHidden Oaks Elementary PTA
- default_titleImagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTSA
- default_titleJ.C. Mitchell Elementary PTA
- default_titleLoggers Run Middle PTSA
- default_titleManatee Elementary PTA
- default_titleMeadow Park Elementary PTA
- Show More
- default_titleMelaleuca Elementary PTA
- default_titleMorikami Park Elementary PTA
- default_titleNew Horizons Elementary PTA
- default_titleOkeeheelee Middle PTSA
- default_titleOlympic Heights High PTSA
- default_titleOmni Middle PTSA
- default_titleOrchard View Elementary PTA
- default_titlePalm Beach Gardens Elementary PTA
- default_titlePalm Beach Public Elementary PTA
- default_titlePalm Springs Elementary PTA
- default_titlePanther Run Elementary PTA
- default_titlePark Vista High PTSA
- default_titlePine Jog Elementary PTA
- default_titlePlumosa School of the Arts PTA
- default_titlePoinciana Elementary PTA
- default_titlePolo Park Middle PTSA
- default_titleS.D. Spady Elementary PTA
- default_titleSandpiper Shores Elementary PTA
- default_titleSpanish River High PTSA
- default_titleSuncoast Community High PTSA
- default_titleSunrise Park Elementary PTA
- default_titleSunset Palms Elementary PTA
- default_titleThe Open Doorway PTSA
- default_titleTimber Trace Elementary PTA
- default_titleTradewinds Middle PTSA
- default_titleVerde Elementary PTA
- default_titleVillage Academy PTSA
- default_titleWarriors PTSA (Lake Worth Middle)
- default_titleWaters Edge Elementary PTA
- default_titleWest Boca Raton Community High PTSA
- default_titleWhispering Pines Elementary PTA
- default_titleWynnebrook Elementary PTA
- Show More